EatingWell Announces 2021 Winners of Fifth Annual American Food Heroes Awards
NEW YORK and SHELBURNE, Vermont., June 9, 2021 / PRNewswire / – EatingWell of Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), the ultimate source for people passionate about food and wellness, today announced the winners of its fifth annual American Food Heroes Awards. Featured in July /August 2021 EatingWell number, on sale nationwide June 11, the awards honor key change makers who are committed to making a difference on today’s biggest food, sustainability and nutrition issues.
“The past year has demonstrated the need for visionary leadership and EatingWell is pleased to present the fifth class of American Food Heroes, featuring 10 brilliant farmers, business leaders, doctors, advocates and chefs who show that change is possible by working together. says EatingWell editor-in-chief Jessie Price.
America’s Food Heroes 2021 are:
- Beth ford, President and CEO, Land O’Lakes. Known for: bringing farmers and their families online.
- Brian Niccol, President and CEO, Chipotle Mexican Grill. Known for: promoting sustainability at scale.
- Birgit cameron, co-founder and manager of Patagonia Provisions. Recognized for: defending regenerative agriculture.
- Bruce friedrich, Founder and Executive Director, The Good Food Institute. Known for: advocating for a plant-based diet.
- Chris Bradshaw, Founder and Executive Director, Dreaming Out Loud. Known for: feeding communities in need.
- Guy Fieri, Food Network star and restaurateur. Known For: Feeding Those On The Front Line.
- Mily Treviño-Sauceda, co-founder and executive director, Alianza Nacional de Campesinas. Recognized for: giving a voice to migrant workers.
- Sean sherman, Founder and CEO, The Sioux Chef, and Co-Founder, NāTIFS. Recognized for promoting healthy Indigenous diets.
- Shirley sherrod, co-founder, Southwest Georgia Project and New Communities, Inc. Recognized for empowering black farmers.
- Timothy Harlan, MD, Executive director, George Washington University Culinary Medicine Program. Known for: teaching the importance of nutrition.
To select the winners, EatingWell consulted with industry experts, as well as its readers, to nominate people who are changing the way we eat. A panel of editors reviewed the submissions and narrowed down the list of finalists to those who lit new avenues for building a more environmentally friendly, racially and economically fair, and healthier America.
The feature featuring the 2021 winners will appear in the July / August issue of EatingWell and online at EatingWell.com.
ABOUT EAT WELL
Launched in 1990, EatingWell is a leading source of delicious, healthy recipes, fun ideas and inspiring articles on the origins of food and scientific nutrition. Its main mission is to give readers a better way to eat delicious food, live healthy and feel great. In 2019, EatingWell was named by the International Association of Professional Cooks as Publication of the Year. The brand has also won 15 awards from the James Beard Foundation, with 26 additional nominations. EatingWell Magazine is published 10 times a year by Meredith Corporation with a rate base of nearly $ 2 million, the largest in the epicurean lifestyle category. The brand is diverse in several formats including website, social media, content and brand licensing, custom post, and cookbooks. Additional information is available at www.eatingwell.com.
SOURCE Meredith Corporation