Snicker Cookies | American recipes
Snickers cookies are stuffed with slices of our favorite chocolate bar for a gooey nutty surprise.
What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? A cookie stuffed with Snickers bar slices. These make a brilliant treat cookie. When you enter them, you come across a melting center section of caramel peanuts and chocolate beauty. It’s not difficult to make them. In fact, you can whip up a batch of a dozen in just 40 minutes. They make a great Saturday night TV snack the whole family will love. Be sure to leave plenty of space between the cookies, as they will spread a little while baking.
- 2 Snickers bars
- 125g softened butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 50g dark brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Mark 4. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment or parchment paper. Use a hot knife to cut each of the Snickers bars into 6 pieces.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Separately, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture and eggs to butter and sugar. Beat until a stiff dough forms.
- Form 12 balls. For each, push a slice of Snickers bar into the middle of the ball, making sure the batter completely covers it. Press lightly to flatten. Place on prepared baking sheets and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes – longer if you prefer your cookies crispy, not chewy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip for making Snickers cookies:
This also works for Mars, Bounty, and Milky Ways bars.
You might also like:
chocolate chip cookies recipe (opens in a new tab)
sugar cookie recipe (opens in a new tab)
Peanut Butter Cookies